Pool Resurfacing in Miami
Reliable Pool Resurfacing Professionals
Experts in Pool Resurfacing and Pool Renovations in Miami
In need of expert pool resurfacing and renovation services? For +35 years, our team at Alligator Pools has proudly served South Florida’s pools. Each member of our staff has extensive pool industry experience. We specialize in pool restoration and pool renovation projects of all kinds! Our pool resurfacing projects are often done alongside retiling your waterline, and any coping repairs. We believe in integrity and transparency!
Searching for the best Miami pool resurfacing company can be tough. Your search for pool resurfacing near me, is over! Alligator Pool Services is the company you can trust! Here are just some of the reasons to put Alligator Pools at the top of your list:
Pool Resurfacing in Miami
Most pools have a plaster material that acts as a buffer to a pool’s foundational surface. This layer protects the foundation from harsh pool chemicals and algae growth. Your typical pool surface material is only good for five to seven years and then it breaks down. This is both unsightly and potentially unsafe to swimmers. Should you choose to ignore your pool’s resurfacing needs, leaks may appear which can risk the integrity of the foundation. Even the highest quality pool surfaces will deteriorate over time, so it’s important to stay ahead these repairs and resolve problems as soon as they arise.
Not only will a pool resurfacing or pool plastering protect your pool for several years, but it is also a way to give your pool a cosmetic facelift! Pool resurfacing material or aggregates, come in many color choices. Check out SGM’s Diamond Brite or Florida Stucco Gem Finishes for a sample of the vast color selection that exists.
Other Pool Resurfacing Benefits
Retiling your Pool
When doing a pool resurfacing, consider retiling your pool if the tiles show cracks, chips, or discoloring. Retiling your pool is significantly easier and comes out better when done alongside a pool resurfacing. Doing so will eliminate the potential of misaligning the tile to the pool’s surface. It will also eliminate getting pool plaster over your new tiles!
Broken pool tiles are not only unsightly, but they also pose as a serious safety hazard. If your pool tile needs to be repair, be sure to call an expert. We guarantee our work at Alligator Pools and will keep your family happy and your pool beautiful! A new pool retiling can breathe new life into your backyard oasis, so let us help!
There are 3 main areas where pool retiling is performed:
First, step edge tile is the most common pool tile and is found along pool steps, benches, or ledges. These are areas that need to be visible to swimmers and those outside the pool. Such tiles mark the pool’s protruding edges and are there to prevent injuries to swimmers or divers.
Additionally, waterline tile is another spot and is exactly what it sounds like: tile that runs along the waterline. Waterline tiles prevent oil and grime from building up and staining at pool’s surface material. If your pool doesn’t already have waterline tile, we highly recommend installing it! Not only does it offer a protective function, it is also a great way to customize your pool! This is a more budget-friendly means of doing so for a fraction of the cost of a pool renovation.
Finally, spillway tile is the final set of pool tiles often replaced. A spillway is an area where water can flow from a spa into your pool. Spillway tiles are very common and give an elegant appearance while protecting the waterway from the staining that would otherwise occur over time.
Pool Coping Repair or Replacement
Pool coping repair is one of the most pronounced pool restoration jobs you can do. New coping can be done with a wide variety of materials including: poured or precast concrete, natural stone, and brick.
Coping is the material used to top off the pool walls. Not only is broken or old coping very apparent and an eyesore, but it can also be extremely hazardous to anyone walking on the pool deck.
Signs that it’s time for coping repair include cracks (especially between joints), chips in the coping material, and loose coping. Furthermore, coping repair or coping restoration should always be handled by a licensed professional! Alligator Pools is happy to work with you and guide you through updating your existing coping to achieve a more sleek, modern look.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pool Resurfacing
- First, get a Free In-Person Estimate
- A member of our resurfacing team will meet you at your pool to observe the condition of the pool’s surface and discuss your project goals.
- Second, Receive a Proposal
- A thoughtfully crafted proposal is delivered to you within 24-hours.
- Third, Accept the Proposal!
- You review the proposal and select any optional items you would like.
- Electronically sign a copy of the proposal!
- Fourth, Coordinate Material Selection.
- Work with one of our team members to choose your waterline tile (if applicable).
- We will manage the ordering process for all materials selected.
- Finally, Schedule Your Job!
- A team member will reach out to you once your materials have been delivered and your job is ready to start!
- Once we begin, the typical pool resurfacing project takes 5-7 days to complete.
- Timing is dependent upon on the complexity of your project, weather, material availability and other common, construction-related factors.
- Pool Prep:
- We will arrive and drain your pool using our own equipment the day before work begins.
- Note, sandblasting may be required at this stage which would add 1-2 days.
- Day 1-2:
- Bond Kote™ is applied to the pool’s surface.
- Waterline tile is installed (if elected).
- Pool resurface material arrives in bags, or on a pallet.
- Day 2-3:
- Your pool is resurfaced!
- After drying, your pool’s new surface is acid washed and refilling begins.
- Day 3-5:
- After filling, we will return to balance initial chemicals and restart your pool’s equipment.
Pool Resurfacing Cost & Payment FAQ's
- We require a anywhere from $500 - $1,000 deposit to hold your reservation (depending on how long the queue is). This deposit is 100% refundable until the day we start work!
- Note: We do require customers provide us a credit card at the start of their project. This card is not charged until your job is complete and we hear from you that it is your preferred method of payment!
- We accept almost every form of payment including credit card, cash, check, and Zelle! We even accept crypto!
- Yes! We do a thorough cleaning of the work after every job!
- Yes! Not only does your pool’s new finish come with a 10-year manufacturer warranty, but Alligator Pools will guarantee its work for 3-years, against any “blistering, flaking, and/or peeling.” In our +35 years of operation, we have had a handful of re-plasterings!